Wednesday 20 February 2008

New extension

The extension to the back end of the garage (studio) is now complete and I have moved all the paintings in. I am able to use the back wall as a display space and have hung about 25 paintings there, albeit a bit close to each other. The remainder are stacked in front of each other and along the high and low walls. I managed to get the large table from the study in too and I have fitted the drafting table to one end of it.

The space under the table is now taken up with three, three drawer cabinets on castors. This has enabled me to store many of the tools and some of the materials I need to paint as well as construct collages and assemblages.

The refurbished study is also complete and all books replaced in the new shelving. This means I have a place, free of clutter, where I can read in peace and at my leisure - perfect!

I am now working on several paintings and hope to have some to show on here quite soon. There is one minor problem, this being the middle of winter. Before the extension was built I used an oil-filled electrical radiator to heat the garage to a workable temperature and it did the job very well. However, now that I have enlarged the space by about 100% the heater is struggling to keep the studio warm, particularly on frosty mornings. I have to let the heater do its stuff for about 45 minutes before venturing in to start work. Still, once I am there and have acclimatised I am able to just get on with it.


No comments: