Saturday 1 September 2007

Exquisite corpse


ARTicles of association, three artists, Jill Tattersall, Stuart Goodacre and me are getting together to put on a show of assemblages at the Forge Arts Gallery in Hackthorn, Lincolnshire this coming November. The centre-piece of the show will be an 'Exquisite corpse'.

This assemblage has been constructed by the three of us separately without each of us knowing what the others were doing other than Stuart had the head, Jill had the torso and I had the legs to complete.

This is the result. It is 60" high by 20" wide, (150 x 50 cms)

2 comments:

Mike Da Hat said...

My son was sitting at the bar in the pub with his drawing pad last night. I asked him what he was doing. "Drawing an Exquisite Corpse" he said. The very next day I come across this. I shall have to ask him if there's a connection. Otherwise it's a spooky coincedence.

John Lincoln said...

Unity Club
If you key-in exquisite corpse in Google you will be able to discover the history of its original inception amongst The early twentieth century surrealists.